Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer 2010 Rant #1

Phone rings

Hello?

This is blahdohblah from blahdohbas INDEPENDENT survey company. Will you take a poll regarding the 2010 election in the state of Pennsylvania?

Who's paying for this survey?

I just work for this independent company

Fine-

Benign questions continue for about 5 minutes. Are you going to vote? Are you likely to vote for A or B? What's the biggest issue in your area? Then...

Will the fact that candidate A kicks his dog, steals from his kids, and doesn't change his underwear alter the way you decide to vote?


click.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really??

Mountain Mama said...

Seriously?

Alyna @ Better Your Blog said...

I started writing the looongest comment but then I realized it was turning into a blog post. Seriously! I'm going to go post it on my blog and link back here since this post was the inspiration for it.

BTW, found you through Kristin from Peace, Love and Muesli because she had a nice mention on her site today.

Glad you hung up on those bozos!!!

I knit but I use a knitting board. The most fabulous invention for those of us who would otherwise be incapable of knitting! I got it as a gift and, although it took me 6 months to try it, I love it. I blogged about it on my other site, The Gift Detective, if you are interested in knitting boards.

Phew, not sure I managed to make this comment any shorter...Oops!

Have a great night!
~ Alyna

Debbie D said...

Holy smokes. I've never gotten one like that course I rarely pick up when I see them on caller I.D.

KLZ said...

Those factors may or may not affect my vote but this call certainly did. Jerks.

Carol said...

Yikes. Sleazy.