Wednesday, June 30, 2010

...also known as "What I did on my Summer Vacation"

Which is really what the latest round of daily posting is about. When I have to go back to work, I want to be able to remember that I did more than just sit on my donkey doing nothing.

Today I mowed what we call the "back 40." It's not really 40 and it's as much above as it is in back- That's Mr. Sophanne's burn can in the middle.



I also went to "the big city" and had my nails done. That Cracks Me Up. Ninety percent of the nails pictured are not my own. I am not a nails kind of gal. Truth be told, I barely bathe on what most of the world considers an acceptable basis (but regularly if I know I'm going to meet blog friends, so fear not) And yet now I have a french manicure. I went for the square tips because it's what Aunt of Sophanne has and I couldn't remember what the other kind are called. Go ahead and place your bets in the comments as to how long I'll keep this up.



Finally, while wandering around the house yesterday I found this guy and stuck him next to the lemon balm to keep it in line. He's got a girlfriend hiding in the house but I don't remember where.



I've finished the straight stitch of goodlyneighborEllen's traveling woman shawlette. Off to see if I can get it done before vacation so that we can bribe ask her to water the plants and feed the cat while we're gone.

In other knitting news, I accidentally spent a fortune at the yarn store yesterday. Once these 10 in 2010 are done be prepared for socks. The ones I made last summer were so useful all winter. Also- I think I'm going to get married to the Namaste circular needle organizer. Just as soon as I get used to not having a snake-like mess of unknown sizes of circs surrounding me at all times. I also acquired one of those fancy knit kits. I was slow to get one because I hated the shape. I think it looks like one of the old fashioned (or not so old-fashioned) birth control pill dispensers. But after not having scissors for the past three knit nights, I indulged.

4 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I'm betting you keep up the manicure thing for two weeks, because that's how long my love affair with fake nails lasted. But maybe you're better suited for them than I was. I get a manicure a couple of times a year, at best. Too many things I could be doing while the polish dries!

Anonymous said...

Very fancy nails. If you sit on your donkey and don't move they might last until next week. Course I really have no idea

Mountain Mama said...

2 weeks, 1 day.

Yarnhog said...

That space you mowed is probably five times the size of my entire lot.

I love the manicure! I used to get mine done, but it got to be too much of a pain, especially with the number of messy activities I enjoy. Now I just cut them short. Not as pretty, though.