Friday, June 25, 2010

Prune Much?

Not so much.



I felt a little world weary at the end of my "day off." Sort of pointless and useless as it were. To combat a repeat of that feeling I thought I'd spend some time outdoors trimming forsythia and lilac bushes. It has been some time since these have been attended to never.

This (neither a forsythia nor a lilac) specimen gave me pause for thought



In addition to mixing bowls (which we now have) I'm thinking some sort of wheelbarrow would have been useful for carrying refuse today. Fortunately Mr. Sophanne doesn't consider a wheelbarrow "clutter" and in fact would be all in favor of a tractor with a thingy to haul stuff at the back of it. (Just as long as we don't have to store it in the kitchen.) In the meantime I managed to get it out of the way with no injuries.

Liza's favorite game is to grab a branch and run, hoping beyond hope that I will say the magic words "GIVE ME THAT STICK!" which causes her to run in circles with abandon.





Finally a sneak peek at the "garden" (can I really call it that?) revealed that a spider appreciates the textures



and the sage posed nicely for a photo-op



Tomorrow, my friends, might have RBP (real blogging potential.) As I have mentioned before, MaggieMay loves Harry Potter- perhaps a little more than a soon to be high school sophomore really should- but whatever. Wizard Rock is alive and well in the University City. I am taking Mags and younger sister Drewbee to a Wizard Rock show at the local library. I can only hope that there will be costumes and I won't have camnesia.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I also spent a good bit of yesterday in the garden (and yes, you should call it that, because it gives it more dignity and makes you value it more--at least, that's my theory). Of course, I love to work in the garden, so spending the afternoon pruning vines and hauling debris was a pleasure rather than a chore.

Cindy said...

LJ looks like she's having a blast! You are a good girl to work on the bushes. Really. I haven't done it, but will be out there early next week. I need the heat (which has come back) to go away again. And, yes, you need a wheelbarrow;-D

Lydee said...

lol with you over the Liza jane pictures! love them!

Mountain Mama said...

Aww, doesn't the sage look cute!