Monday, June 21, 2010

I'd have baked a green blob...... Part Two of Two



BWAH HAH HA HA! I'm not much of a froster after all. The cake was plenty cool. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that buttercream frosting doesn't take too kindly to heat and humidity. I'm going to pretend that it will all firm up in the refrigerator. I'm going to pretend that it looks like polka dots.

I crack me up.

In further buttercream news, the wool peddler's shawl (in Malabrigo Buttercream) is finished.

8 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Nice! Is it a surprise?

sophanne said...

Anything that doesn't involve knitting or napping on a day off is a surprise!

Anonymous said...

:) I think it looks lovely. And it's still in one piece, so you're fancier froster than I am. :)

http://throwslikeagirl74.wordpress.com/2008/06/06/happy-birthday-big-j/

Cindy said...

I'll bet it tastes fabulous. Besides, I think it's a cute cake. The shawl is gorgeous!

Sunshine said...

Okay, we made quite a few cakes..... and not all had chocolate flinging. On the other hand, you might have learned to seperate eggs when you used to make the twisted coffee cake? The cake looks fine, Liza looked happy eating egg whites.....and the shawl is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go you on all counts! The cake, the icing, the egg whites to pupster and the shawl! you have had one fulfilling day!

Carol said...

Now I want buttercream. both kinds. heh

Sharon said...

Mmm! Cake.