Friday, June 18, 2010

Resistance-Futile

Extra free time means playing on Ravelry. I had favorited this this Queen Annes Lace pattern on more than one occasion.

Accidentally looking through the stash I found about 1600 yds of malabrigo laceweight baby merino.

And so now there is this.



Beginning with 8 stitches of laceweight yarn on size 7 dpns and getting past the first 5 rows was absolutely a Force Of Will. I had the same mental state as I did 2 winters ago when I was determined "I WILL NOT GET STUCK IN THIS DITCH" (and didn't.) Now past that point and onto a circular, this is WAY fun. The row repeats are easy so far. There have been a few mistakes but I'm thinking if I'm 95% accurate I can live with it. I either skip a k2tog or add a stitch as needed and that's only happened twice.

The search for things to plant in the dirt may have to wait until next week. I think I'll be knitting today.


Last night's Hamburger Helper experiment was a success. I used ground meat, taco seasoning mix, cavatelli, milk, water, cheddar cheese, cornstarch and stewed tomatoes. The recipe came from the blog- chickensintheroad. I could have easily skipped the taco seasoning mix and tried it with chili powder and paprika but that was just on the "little bit too much risk" side of life.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

WHAT A GREAT DINNER IDEA..... DID MR. SOPHANNE LIKE IT?

Cindy said...

That is some gorgeous lace, girl.

Stephanie said...

I hope you don't take it personally, but I have to leave this blog now because dude, there's already way too much temptation in my life for me to be looking at that shawl.