Saturday, February 23, 2008

wip saturday

Nothing much to crack me up this Saturday- except maybe I was a little embarrassed every time I clicked and saw the wee willie warmer and thus have avoided the blog since Wednesday.



Pictured- Bird In Hand (in cashmere) sans thumb. I figure my odds at a decent thumb will improve if I do them together.

The start of Karendipity's marvelous mitts in Lorna's Laces. The main color will be "china blue" the other is a variegated Lorna's Lace.

The first round of the Lettuce Leaf Scarf done in Stitchjones' Dark and Divine. Reading the chart has become easier- especially with the color coding. I didn't make any mistakes until row 17 (of 18) and I'm going to make sure I have the called for 60 stitches and try the next repeat. Mostly becuase I'm tired of frogging this thing every time I make a mistake I can't find.

This chart reading requires a different kind of attention but I'm starting to find some tricks that work I'm loving the challenge of something new.

7 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Looks good! I wouldn't have patience for that kind of intricate work.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

A different kind of attention indeed! And only a music teacher would have that particular chart reading set-up...

Sunflowerfairy said...

BIH mittens are in the queue. I love them. And cashmere?? YUM!

Whenever I do charts I make as many copies I need- in this case, 2- because there's 2 hands. (Assuming, of course.)

Then I take a highlighter and go across every other row with it. As I'm working I take a second colored highlighter and mark off the line after I finish.

The first highlighter helps me dicifer which line I'm on, the second helps to keep my place.

Have fun with the mittens!

And- oh my, what a small peepee cosy you have! Heeheeeheee.

Lydee said...

The bird in hand looks really good. It's very pretty and soft looking.

Carol said...

I have yet to really do a whole pattern from a chart. I've tried little swatches with okay results. How about a post with the tips you've figured out?

Kim said...

Bird in hand looks beautiful. I always like to save the thumbs for last. that way they both come out the same. Love the chart set-up on the music stand. Genius.

Virtuous said...

Alright so that is your WIPs line up!

BIH coming along nicely and I can understand the hesitation the thumb.

Definitely let us know your chart tricks! We don't want to have to think hard either!

And ur um..your knit night "show in tell" exhibit....very interesting! ROTFL!!