Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Grinch




The forces of nature coming together to make this happen: Misti Alpaca Bulky green, Ann Budd book of sweater patterns, 365 stitches a year slipped rib stitch (the "wrong" side), garter stitch, size 10 needles, 4 stitches/inch, Boris Karloff, Dr. Suess.

I can now see why people who live in cold mountainous areas with alpacas can remain warm and without frostbite. This is the warmest fabric I've ever worn. The sleeves are turned up for those wondering about the sleestack effect.

17 comments:

Virtuous said...

You did good!

Mary Beth said...

This is so lovely. The color is right up my alley & I want to wrap up in it!

Mountain Mama said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did such a beautiful job. Now I have sweater envy.

flutter said...

you did an incredible job!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I am also currently feeling the alpaca love...so warm!

Tammy said...

I love it! I'm super impressed that you designed it yourself. Great work!

Jennie said...

Warm and toasty! :)

Lydee said...

Oh my gosh! It's gorgeous! It looks wonderful on you too!

Mountain Mama said...

Ohmygosh. I haven't been paying close enough attention to the knitting aspects of this blog (which is actually the main topic, so what does that say about me?). You designed it?!?! I am in awe. It's beautiful!

Kim said...

I salute you! Love the sweater, love the green and it's great that the sleeves can be rolled down longer for a Sleestax length and extra warmth.

Carol said...

That looks lovely, snuggly and warm!

Yvonne said...

That is GORGEOUS!! Woohoo Ms. Becky!!!

sunshine said...

Is that a leprechan button?? Woohoo!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Well done.

FairyGodKnitter said...

Great job. I'm loving the button.

Yarnhog said...

Oh, I LOVE the Grinch! I have to admit, I had my doubts about bulky green alpaca, but dang, girl, you made it work! It's just beautiful. It looks so cozy and warm.