Friday, February 08, 2008

This Is My Job. CMUS(F)

2nd grade teachers are doing a unit on American Scientists and inventors. They came to me and asked me if I had any songs about inventors.

me in my head: Yea, let me just dig up one of those Wright Brothers or Thomas Edison songs written for 2nd grade abilities. It will be so hard to choose which one to use.

me out loud: hmmm. Peter Paul and Mary's The Marvelous Toy might feel like an invention. We could also build our own invented beat machine.

In honor of good old American Ingenuity- (both mine and the Masters') I share with you Mrs. Stiles's Beat Machine Invention. Please realize that I get paid for this job. Kmkat how I envy your cubicle. If it takes too long or is a pain to load- skip it. You can catch it in reruns. HEY! With my new non-celebrity celebrity I wonder if Hollywood Insider wants a copy of this? Or maybe Letterman for stupid pet kid tricks.

9 comments:

sunshine said...

All I am getting is the little red x and won't even try to load.... I want to see it!!!
But there must have been some Wright Brothers songs that you sang as a child.....

Anonymous said...

Don't you love those questions? Right now my "in my head" voice would be saying it out loud.

Trains are so much better than cruises. For one thing, no sea monsters under trains waiting to capsize and eat you.

There was a Capital Expressway train for knitters that might still be going on now but Sacramento might be a wee bit out of your way.....

Anonymous said...

Love the machine! Racked my brain for songs. Came up empty. Only thing I could think of is doing a sound explore thing and have the kids "invent" their own junk instruments. :)

Lydee said...

Ha! Love the head voice!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I've always loved that song!

Yarnhog said...

Our second grade does a musical every year titled "Geology Rocks." All songs about geology. Yes, it's as awful as it sounds. When my older son (a born scientist and inventor himself) was in second grade, he sat on the side of the stage and refused to participate in any of the singing. When I asked him why, he exploded, "Because that play made a MOCKERY of science!"

My current second grader loved your video!

sophanne said...

Wait too little too late but "Those Daring Young Men in their Flying Machines."

Isn't that a song?

Mary Beth said...

I have a little voice in my head that I don't want to listen to or actually repeat its thoughts either. I'd end up wrapped in a lovely tight canvas jacket living in a padded room. At least your's is only a smart a*%!

Anonymous said...

Should there be sound to go with those kidlets flinging their arms? (This computer I'm using right now has an iffy sound system, so I never know whether I should be able to hear anything or not.)

You are welcome to share my itty-bitty cubicle any time!