Tuesday, February 12, 2008

me allergic? not so much.

Unless you're talking about that itchy thing you get in the back of your throat when someone has gone overboard on the perfume or say when your working with alpaca that has been steamed.

I've attached one sleeve to the Grinch and while it's a little early to predict, that delusion idea I had about using the slipped stitch ribbing to add stability to hopefully decrease the vertical stretch also added a good bit of weight to increase the vertical stretch.

What started out as just below the waist may turn into one of the robes the Grand Sleestax from Land of the Lost might wear if there were such things. Look ma, no hands.

And yet- it's going to be soft, warm, and green. It may be that rare fo that looks terrible but that I like anyway. If it's really really terrible, I may gently shrink felt it.

What with a snow day and all today, I may just finish it up- if I can face it.

8 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I can't tell you how many times I've been burned by the post-finishing stretch. Most of my sweaters end up inches longer than I intended. One would think I'd eventually catch on and do something differently.

The good news is, stretching in the length makes you look longer and leaner. Or at least that's my theory!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished project!!

Carol said...

Will there be frogging?

Haley said...

enjoy your snow day. look forward to seeing your finished grinch.

Deborah-- said...

I am just sitting here giggling. Can't wait to see the Grinch in all it's glory.

Mary Beth said...

Alpaca & Bamboo love to stretch & hate to bounce back. Ugg for you! I totally get the looks nabby, but is oh so comfy thing. 1 yuck-o day + 1 gal in need of warmth(not necessarily beauty) =Done 2
Perfection. I am waiting patiently for the FO no matter what.

flutter said...

I just get migraines around those heavily perfumed peeps.

Kim said...

Land of the Lost! I loved that show. Chukka creeped me out a bit though. I'm dying to see your Sleestack robe.