Wednesday, February 06, 2008

k.n.a.

knit.night.again.

Does it really matter who said what when you have a conversation like this?

What is Wicca?

M calls them "treehuggers."

I don't feel comfortable having a conversation about something none of us know anything about. There are probably right wing wiccans and left wing wiccans like anything else.

Some people call it a religion. Others think it's more about spirituality. It depends on how you look at it.

Yea, there are probably some Lumberjack Wiccans out there.


Oh how I love knit night.

Knit Night Debbie has an African Gray Parrot. K.N. Jennifer also has bird(s). Riley (Debbie's bird) says this to her husband "I like that shirt." Then when he's just far enough away it says "You have something on the back of your shirt." Jennifer's birds have learned to make the kitty feeding time noises. "Here kitty kitty."

There was also some discussion on restless leg syndrome, Parkinsons Disease, Bells Palsy and something to do with the 5th nerve ending and the terribleness of nerve pain. Because Claire, the pharmacist was counting, we referred to Darla for all things medical. Darla's medical background is limited to her personal experience but she's very reliable so far.

Come to find a toilet paper roll works for ball winding as I had experimented with only you're supposed to stay on the sides of it, (not cover the tubey ends as I did) and then take the roll out. I knew I was on to something but somehow got lost in the mechanics. This should surprise no one.


When I came home I found a comment on my travel post from the most recent yarn wholesaler Sharon who noticed that I would be traveling to Portland OR this summer and said, Sophanne is coming to Portland this summer?! Girl, let me buy you a drink! At which point I became giddy and delusional and decided that maybe I could have a fan club and that I could meet all my west coast blog friends this summer and we'd start out small and eventually it would become the most famous Chickenlips and Sophanne Fiber festival and people would flock from miles around.

I also began to wonder if, like the knitting cruises, there could be knitting train trips. There's no better place to knit than on a train. A pile o knit-bloggers reserving business class of Amtrak on certain days knitting their way across country and back.

All it takes is a little knit night action for this brain to start sparking.

10 comments:

Carol said...

That is one surreal conversation! I love how we went from wiccan tree-huggers to wiccan lumberjacks....

Yarnhog said...

I think a knitting train trip would be brilliant! There's more to see and do than on a ship in the middle of the ocean--and I don't get train-sick. (Also, I swore after my one and only cruise, with two small children, that I would never again allow myself to be trapped inside a moving vehicle where the only escape involves hypothermia and sharks.)

flutter said...

You are so going to love Sharon, she is a Goddess ;)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I want a knit night--waaaaa!!!

Mary Beth said...

Well, tomorrow is my 1st ever Knit Night @ my local Barnes & Noble. I of course had to create this little outing all on my own. Where as I found that there was none, I filled the need...mine really, but still. I am looking forward to the fun I seem to be missing, having been knitting alone w/ no k.n. Yay!

I'd take a train trip for knitting. It would be much more affordable compared to a cruise I 'd think. Well you can plan that one.

Kim said...

The TP roll thing is brilliant! I'm going to try it. I'd love to take any kind of trip with knitters, trains, planes, boat, whatever!

Anonymous said...

I would love a knitting train trip, you are on to something. We could sit up in those dome cars to see the sights as we have knitterly conversations.
The train could stop at yarn shops and festivals along the way.
Could I join up in Niagara Falls?

Quail Hill Knits said...

When are you going to be in Portland? My home in Washington is 3 1/2 hours up the road. Maybe a bunch of the bloggers could fingure out a way to meet up.

Angela said...

When I was in grad school, I would take the train from Tuscaloosa to New Haven to visit the BF (now husband.) I would reserve an economy sleeper from Atlanta to Philly or DC, depending on where they disconnected the sleeper cars. Often, the sleeper people would sit in the doorways of their compartments and talk into the night. (I usually packed a bottle of my favorite festive beverage, vodka, to share on the trip.) It was always an interesting cross-section of the population. As the night wore on, conversation would wane and people would retreat to their rooms. (A room consisted of two shelves that folded down to form a bed and a small table that lifted up to reveal a toilet. Not glamorous, but it sure beat the over- or under-heated coach cars.) It would be very interesting to have a sleeper car full of knitters riding the rails...

Olga said...

Heh, all you need to do is print up a book on your printer and have a book talk and signing as you meander through towns, aka Harlot style!But dang if that all don't sound like fun...