Tuesday, August 26, 2008

huh?



Sports Clinic Dr. Guy: I think I know exactly what's going on here.

Mr. Sophanne: What is it? A sore knee?

Sports Clinic Dr. Guy: A sore knee. It will go away. Physical therapy might help. Meantime here are some even stronger drugs (who knew there was stuff out there stronger than percoset?) so maybe you can sleep for more than an hour at a time.

Those of you who intuitively knew that it's "sick husband house" around here are completely right except he's not really exaggerating.

Tonight's attempt at domesticity came in the form of frozen burritos baked with salsa/bean/cheese layers over them. One would think that 40 minutes at a preheated 350 degrees would have done the trick. Not so. Still a little bit frozen inside. How can that be? You can zap those babies for 2 minutes in the microwave and they're blazing hot.

Fortunately Mr. Sophanne had Chinese food earlier in the day and wasn't hungry. Unfortunately he was sleeping and unable to tell me that there was "ra-men" (what he calls lo mein) in the refrigerator for me.

Liza is still completely puzzled at all household events making it clear that she can still pee on the carpet when she wants and chooses to do so when no one around has the energy to be the pack leader.

8 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

OK, Liza is adorable, but that's beside the point.

I, too, have served many a frozen entree. Frozen after baking, that is. You just tend to expect more from your oven. Here's wishing quick healing and happy cooking experiences to the both of you!

Yarnhog said...

Sick husband house sucks. I hope his knee gets better soon!

And, oh, yeah, there's much better stuff than percoset! I was once in mortal agony even after huge doses of morphine, and an ER doc took pity on me and gave me something that just erased the pain like it had never been there. When I asked him what it was, he told me it was synthetic heroin.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So sorry to hear of Mr. S's knee pain, that can be excruciating!

Cindy said...

Plate is a little full,huh? I'm sorry hubby has a bad knee. And, not be an animal behaviorist, I have no clue about Little Liza Jane.

Debbie D said...

Where does your knee hurt? You might have a tight ITBand aka runner's knee or Patellar Tendinitis.


ITBand: sore at the outside part of the knee joint


Patellar Tendinitis: sore at the very top of the shin bone right after the kneecap.

My patient load for today is all KNEES! We are talking 7 knee's today. Or actually make that 14 knees since most knees come in pairs! wink, wink

Carol said...

I remember cooking a frozen chicken breast for ,like, a bazillion hours at the fiery heat of a white hot sun.....and it STILL came out cold in the middle. I was not pleased....

Anonymous said...

I hope I never have pain that requires something stronger than percocet. Poor Mr. Sophanne.

Oh, Liza. You're supposed to be good even when no one is looking.

Anonymous said...

I could send you our Lucy. She would teach Little Liza Jane to poop on the carpet instead of pee. Easier to clean up.