Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some Final thoughts on Stuff




Moving "stuff" from downstairs to upstairs does not always decrease the amount of stuff. It does allow for some culling of stuff which is always a good thing.

In the same way that I think startitis in knitting should really be called start-o-rama, I believe there is an aspect of stuff to be examined. The stuff that "clutters" my bookshelves are mementos, gifts from friends, students and colleagues that are important to me. They are souvenirs of the places I've been and the people I've known. They help me remember who I was, who I am, and who I can become. I say thanks life for being o.k. enough for me to have stuff to want to remember it by.

4 comments:

Lydee said...

the stuff that brings on good memories, that's what's so neat. Thanks for sharing some of it in your "claw" memoirs....

lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

things look good, very good. you worked very hard. Momentos are always good to hang on to. Keep them and cherish them.....

Yvonne said...

That's a very poignant post! And you're right, startitis should be called start-o-rama. Or something similar. :D

Deborah-- said...

Look how absolutely beautifully organized it is now! Fantastic job. I can relate to the stuff you have. I am sentimental and keep stuff too.