Monday, September 01, 2008

update

Almost a week since a post? How can that be?

FLS is getting some sleeves.

Brooklyn Tweed Scarf is on the close to finish side. I love making this scarf. I will make another. I'd never spend 4 Noro skeins worth of yarn on a colleague if it was a Wallyworld present but how can I resist when it's yarn?

Mr. Sophanne is slowly slowly on the mend. As in on his feet an hour or two a day. Apparently this current malaise was caused by a bike fall a few weeks ago when we were biking with Liza. Some kind of pelvis bone stopped moving freely. It manifests itself by a searing pain that appears first in the knee.

I made chili cheese fries last week and banana nut muffins yesterday. No culinary disasters to report. Slowly I am becoming a cooking type.

I'm enough of a pack leader to clip and file Liza's toes but not enough of one to get her to stop the pawing-Sophanne's a chew toy- game.

Bless you for reading this household drivel. Now I must attend to more of it.

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad to hear that Mr. Sophanne is on the mend!! Chili Cheese Fries sound yummy. I made BLT's on Friday and bratwurst and sweet corn on Saturday. Yesterday was a picnic at a friend's so there was only pumpkin pie crunch made. Today, who knows what will pop out of the oven. I've got a yearning to make bread. We'll see what happens.

Shameka said...

Those chili-cheese-fries sond very devilishly tempting. Getting a bite from the cooking bug is not so bad. I'm waiting for my bug to bite me. Although I love to cook, it has been a while since I actually cooked something. I have resorted to thinking that ice cream or pinkberry is a suitable dinner. LOL!! Hey, let's exchange recipes one day!!

Anonymous said...

Domestic drivel is one of the basic building blocks of life. Keep it coming. I'm glad Mr. S's knee/hip is improving. Give him a healing hug from me ;-)

Mary Kathryn said...

I, too, enjoy the domestic drivel. And I'm sure the hubby appreciates the cooking! Glad he's mending.

Cindy said...

Bike falls suck. Good for you for cooking. I can't make chili cheese fries. Oh, and the domestic drivel? Isn't that life????

Carol said...

Culinary success is the best! Because then you get to eat.

Haley said...

hope mr. sophanne mends quickly. i wish i could become "a cooking type." i imagine my husband wishes i would too. oh well. can't wait to see pics of your knitting.

Anonymous said...

chili cheese fries sounds good--my extent of cooking today was sending Mr. Vanfox to the local Subway!! I love to cook, but *pardon the pun* I get burned out on it quickly....Glad Mr. Sophanne is on the mend. Sending quick healing thoughts his way....

Kim said...

Yum. Chili cheese fries. Last night I made yellow rice, guacamole, and grilled chicken with salse/cheese sauce. Yum.

Yarnhog said...

If you'll forgive the unsolicited advice, may I recommend the Mr. see a chiropractor? Mine works wonders with that sort of injury.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. Glad to hear Mr Sophanne got a diagnosis though, that could be something.

Yum, chili fries.

In eye exams, what slays me are the "Is this better?" click. "or this?" They're practically identical.