Monday, August 04, 2008

and now for something completely different...

knitting.

This is a KnitOne kit- some kind of cloud scarf. (cashmere, silk, mohair and alpaca coming together as one) It's a Christmas gift for someone who doesn't read the blog


EZ's EPS. I started out with a plan for the yoke and then decided to "wing it" and do what looked right. I think I need about15 more rows for the yoke. Not sure how far up to take this next bit before I do the last decrease. It's waiting for bravery.


Alpaca February Lady Sweater. There's a miscount in the stitch count thanks to some late night vacation knitting. It's almost ready for sleeves but is a little too warm to work on these days.


This is some silk/merino handspun in a simple k2 yo pattern. Also a gift for a non-reader but I'm hoping to make some fingerless mittens to match.


This is the lettuce leaf scarf in Lorna's Laces. Between it and FLS, my lace comprehension scores are going up. Icarus is on the needles but not enough for a picture.


Sooner or later I'm going to finish one of these. As I try to mentally organize all of my WIPs, there is also a sock on the needles that I forgot about and some Noro for the Brooklyn Tweed scarf (another gift) that is "itching" to cast on.

If anyone has any EZ yoke experience as to where on the body to decrease, I'd appreciate it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-E-A-Utiful!

Cindy said...

I'm EPS deficient. I'm sorry. Your WIP's are gorgeous, though!!!!

Romi said...

Ooooooooooooooh!

Carol said...

Christmas presents? CHRISTMAS PRESENTS????!!!! EEEEEK!

Although I like your descriptive "waiting for bravery" comment. I have a couple of WIPS that are also waiting for me to get some bravery. I like the phrase. I think I'm gonna steal it!

Carol said...

Christmas presents? CHRISTMAS PRESENTS????!!!! EEEEEK!

Although I like your descriptive "waiting for bravery" comment. I have a couple of WIPS that are also waiting for me to get some bravery. I like the phrase. I think I'm gonna steal it!

Tammy said...

Wow... You've been busy!! Wish I could help with EZ but I have no idea. I bet there's a group on Ravlery though.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that cloud scarf kit from KnitOne!

Kim said...

Oh boy! Tons of gorgeous projects. I can't help you with the EX EPS thingy. There's an EZ group on ravelry so maybe the guidance you seek can be found there.

Yarnhog said...

Wow! You've been busy during your vacation. I love all of them!

(Can you come over and take some pictures for me?)

Lydee said...

lovely, they're all beautiful

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous WIPs! And you are so ahead of the Christmas present game.

I took an EPS class from Meg Swanson last year and have the handout. Email me on the side and we'll figure out what you need to do. kay em kay a tee tee AT [rhymes w/ wahoo] DAHT cahm.

Mary Beth said...

All those WIPS are so lovely. Although, now that I look again, your Feb. Lady Sweater looks a bit like an animal pelt hanging off the lawn chair. Reminds me of the fox fur stoles (w/ head & tail still attached) that my pal & I played dress-up in for hrs.

Haley said...

wow. you've been busy knitting while i've been busy with life. wish i'd been busy knitting. hopefully once norm starts sleeping through the night and i have unpacked all the boxes i can knit again. i dream of those days.