Wednesday, August 20, 2008

conversations and clarifications

Mr. Sophanne- Writing isn't an expensive hobby but he spends a lot of money supporting my knit night by going to the slots. I wonder if he considers this as cost to my hobby.

Closing Ceremony of the Olympics- After the vastness of the opening ceremony, I think China has 3 choices. Jed Clampett (ya'll come back now y'hear), Porky Pig (th th th that's all folks) or somebody in a Chairman Mao mask waving and saying "bye bye".

Smocking- saw some live and in person smocking last night. Still trying to wrap my brain around it.

KNQDebbie has been MIA from knit night lately. Plans are to get the weed killer from Claire's husband and write a message in her very likely tall grass ala the wicked witch of the west- except it will say DEBBIE COME HOME!

I'm wondering if the Knit Shoppe will tell us if/when their knit night is reinstated- or perhaps this summer canceling was a way to weed out undesirable clientele.

My favorite words to hear yesterday had to do with "suffering fools gladly."

Did I mention that the teachers went back for an inservice yesterday?

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm betting the closing ceremonies will be even more splendiferous than the opening ones. Mostly because China can afford to spend piles of cash since their populace has no say in how government spends it's cash.

Yvonne said...

I think Carol may be right.

I hope that TKS reinstates knit night for you all. I know how you love it. I love my knit night -- and I couldn't survive without it.