Friday, August 01, 2008

BANNED FROM LYS

Did I get your attention?

No LYS has banned me from their store. In fact I believe that as soon as word gets out, I'll begin to receive personal invitations to come and shop. It may even behoove some to offer to pay for my travel expenses to go there.

No, this is a SELF-BAN. I'm seriously going to have to shun (ala Dwight) all LYS's until further notice.

Point in fact- Saturday at Yarns Unlimited. I did buy the Traveling Scarf* Koigu as needed. Also acquired was a skein of alpaca sock yarn and 4 skeins of Berroco Alpaca Light (the yarn actually called for in the Stag Bag which I still haven't given up on)

Yesterday I went here to try out a new knit night and came home with enough Noro Silk garden for Jared's scarf and a kit (it was on sale) of yarn for a mohair/wool scarf.

I am not even going to list the WIPS on the needles right now. In one week I have increased my future projects by four.

LYS, I Shun you. (at least until Thursday)

*Hey traveling scarf-ers- where are you re progress? I've sent mine to Marie and am 3/4's of the way done with Deborah's and will soon be passing it along. I have Kim's scarf as well and will begin that next. Let's get those scarves moving! I want to be able to wrap myself in my friends this winter.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

"At least until Thursday." HA.

Yarnhog said...

What's the problem? It's called "Yarns UNLIMITED", right? So you just followed the rules!

Cindy said...

I have to do this all the time. I have enough yarn to last two lifetimes and always want more. I admire your pledge (even if you can't hold out). Good luck, grasshopper.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The traveling scarf was my favorite project of last year, I just loved sending it around and seeing how it turned out! And good luck with the self-imposed yarn ban. I'm on one myself until Rhinebeck:)

Kim said...

Can you bleieve that I went to a yarn store with Risa th e other day and I did not buy any yarn! The woman who covered half a queen size bed with her MDSW yarn purchases bought no yarn Truly that's a first for me. Yeehaw! You have my scarf. I have Yvonne's scarf and I'm almost done with my section. It will be passed on to Deborah early next week. I am loving this traveling scarf thing.

Anonymous said...

MMM A knit night, sounds tempting, I might have to check that one out. What are the hours of it? I am about 2/3 done with your portion of the scarf and hope to send it to Sonya on Monday.

Erin said...

Yarn addiction is a serious problem that I have no interest in doing anything about.

Sonya said...

I had the "souvenir yarn" amnesty going on. And I resisted going to some of the yarn stores. I could have, but was satisfied with what I already had. (I did go to Abundant Yarns and it was wonderful! I'll be posting photos!!)