Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rain Day and Knit Night

In honor (or in spite of) Rain Day, Red853 (ravelry link) and I knitted on the courthouse square, hoping to gather some fellow knitters from the masses. No one came to our impromptu "booth." It might have been the fact that we were right next to the giant speakers blaring in front of the courthouse. (it was the only place with shade) We did however have a sit and knit and it was quite nice.

This was followed by a return to knit night at the Watersdam Commons Panera. Knit night oh how I missed you. I took some notes but after reading them realized that very few blog readers want to know that I think the word "smocking" is funny when used in the context of "When my smocking friends come over...", and very few readers SHOULD know the recipe for potato chips with cheese in the microwave- it's just a heart attack in a bowl.

Knitting with others is so much more fun and easier than knitting alone.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Potato chips & cheese nuked??? Iquiring minds feel like upchucking. (It just sounds like Eueww. Maybe not though, hunh?)

Love a good knit night. I went a month without going (relatives visiting & work prevented)& it was fab getting back.

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed myself yesterday. It is nice to knit with someone else, especially if they are interested in what you are knitting. I guess I need to find more knitting companions.

Yvonne said...

I wondered if you took part in the Rain Day activities. Glad you had good companionship whilst knitting!!

Kim said...

I do want to know the recipe for heart attack in a bowl. Does it call for velveeta?

Anonymous said...

hey---you should have let me know about Rain day. I would have come and met ya and you would have had one more knitter added to your group. Oh well always next year!

Anonymous said...

Heart attack in a bowl. Sounds like my kind of snack ;-)

Lydee said...

"smocking", lol! I think it's funny. Those smocking teachers I work with!