Saturday, April 04, 2009

Monkey 1.0

Mr. Sophanne Loves monkeys. This is version 1.0. Seems like when making such things it's good to have a practice round.


KNQDebbie found the pattern from monkeemaker. Her site is delightful, as is her sense of humor.

The School of Sophanne had a book fair at Barnes and Noble. I advertised on the intercom all week that of all the days events they should be sure to show up first thing and see us at 10:30. Three kids made their parents take them early. What a treat. One actually told a little white lie as to when his presentation was (2:00) to get mom there early. He fessed up beforehand but made it clear he wanted to hear Mr. Sophanne read.


Go Dog Go is one of my personal favorites. "To the Tree! To the Tree! To the Dog Party!" I read it to my sister to calm her nerves on her wedding night eve.

Are You My Mother? was picked because it was a perfect match to Mr. Sophanne's Brooklyn-y accent and came across more as "Are you my Muthah?" And, Mr. Sophanne is the opposite of a baby bird.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was pretty hysterical seeing Mr. Sophanne read the part of the baby bird! Also great to see you in real life!

YawnOver said...

Go, Dog, Go was one of my faves as well. I'm sure it was a nice, calming influence on your sis. (Actually, I should probably go read it to myself right now...)

Also, Mutha, heh heh. Gotta love a guest speaker at storytime. Especially one from Brooklyn.

Carol said...

Are You my mother was a favorite of mine as a child.

Yarnhog said...

Seeing those books gave me a total flashback to the toddler years. I must have read those (and "Ten Apples Up On Top" and "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and several others) a thousand times each. Actually, I had them all memorized, so I could just hold the book up for the kids and recite the stories. (I can also perform all of "Toy Story", if anyone's interested. Ten Thousand viewings will do that for a person.)

Kim said...

Those are 2 of my favorite kid books. Also love Dr. Seuss ABCs.
I love a monkey too!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that Monkey! And I love 'Ten Apples up on top' too!:)

Haley said...

love all your softies. they are all so cute--and isn't every knit project practice for something?