Saturday, April 11, 2009

Remember how I said knitting the U-neck back to school vest from Fitted Knits was to be my test for following directions? For the record, I am failing miserably. Did I even bother to check to see if I had the same amount of stitches for the front and the back when I split for the arms? I did not. Not until I finished about 15 rows of the upper front. I'll save frogging and realigning- both terrible tasks- for knit night. I won't notice it so much then.



Given that I can't follow row by row directions, I started this next attempt at an EZ sweater. Why yes, that's Noro Sock yarn 71/2 stitches to the inch. I need something simple where I can knit for a really long time without having to think about what to do. The EZ Adult surprise jacket was to fill that need but I didn't like the idea of having to use a bazillion needles to hold a bazillion stitches. It's frogged. The other EZ sweater is on the needles and will eventually be frogged thanks to a workshop with Brooklyn Tweed. I can't go on with it knowing that it could have been done right.

It's all I can do not to try to add a fancy stitch or groovy cool yarn over K2tog but I appease this urge by pretending that I'll steek it later if I feel like it.



FInally- Monkey 1.2 is waiting for an arm and two legs, some ears and some end weaving. I'm happier with 1.0. I'll try one more and do as the pattern writer suggests- put the wrong side out for the body.


7 comments:

Virtuous said...

Ugh....keep getting it right with the projects and will you appreciate them much more later!! (and WEAR them!)

YawnOver said...

Sometimes frogging is cathartic. Look at it this way - with just a modicum of effort you simultaneously add to your stash AND eliminate some wip's. It's all good.

brunhilda said...

I'm so impressed that you're able to try these stuffed animals over and over again until you get it right. After the first try I always give up! Good job at being persistent!

Yarnhog said...

A sweater at 7 1/2 stitches to the inch? Isn't that like knitting a sock for the Jolly Green Giant? I think I'll stick with lace torture, thanks. :)

Kim said...

Dude, you are such a yarn rebel.
Pretty pretty colors on the Noro sweater.
Think of frogging as liberating the yarn!

Carol said...

How frustrating! Hope it all works out. At least with knitting you can rip and re-use the yarn.

Haley said...

love the colors on the Noro sweater. love to see what you knit. can't wait to see how everything turns out.