Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I *BIG HEART* GINA

So I had about sixty-twelve billion stitches of the forest canopy shawl on my needles.

I went to do the last 8 border rows with reckless abandon and by the time I got to knit night, it was a mess. I should have "practiced" the new stitch pattern just to memorize it instead of pretending I had it memorized.

Did this stop me?

No it did not.

I knit 2 more rows with reckless abandon until I came to the center stitch of a pattern row, looked at Gina and said, "This is a mess- I don't know what to do."

She gently took the shawl from my hands, let me take the needles out and she frogged the errant rows.

THEN-most importantly-because let's face it- frogging isn't the hardest part-

She put ALL sixty twelve billion stitches Back. On. The. Needles. Wouldn't even let me do it when I offered to.

There is no greater friend than someone who will do that for you and pretend they don't mind a bit. - except I don't think she was pretending.

I *BIG HEART* Gina.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina is a TRUE friend. She doesn't even have to help you hide the bodies.

Donna in Ely said...

I am finishing my 4th sock of a pair I am making my husband. I finished sock #2 without rereading the pattern cause I had it memorized, guess where I am going? Yup, Sock # 2 pattern was close but not the same. So rather than rip out almost finished # 2 I made a mate for it and then made the orginal pattern for # 1. So now he is getting 2 pairs almost the same... Think next time I will reread the pattern when I have it "memorized"!!

Yarnhog said...

I'm not sure whether to be more impressed that she was willing to put them all back on, or that she was capable of it. Because, really, when it comes to lace, the spirit may be willing, but it's the flesh that f***'s it all up!

Anonymous said...

when my project was tangled and snarled to where I wanted to burn the whole thing, Gina unsnarled it and re wound the mess in to a neat ball. The woman is patience personified!!!!!

Carol said...

Wow. that is a friend indeed!

Erin said...

That is true selfless love.

Haley said...

I want a Gina. Glad you have such a nice friend.

JessaLu said...

Wow.