Thursday, April 16, 2009

in the meantime-

I'm working on a post in my head regarding the difference between reading music and making music. In the meantime I share a favorite story from the House of Sophanne. If I shared this once before just laugh again.

Mr. Sophanne did not always have such fine taste in companions. In fact, I've heard the word "bimbo" used when referring to those who came after his first wife and before me. I thought this was a little harsh until I heard this story.

Mr. Sophanne and his traveling companion (let's just call her Bambi) went to visit Son of Mr. Sophanne in San Diego. On a scenic drive on Rt. 1 Bambi said, "Which ocean is that?" Mr. Sophanne told her.

On a different day and at a different (but nonetheless west coast) location Bambi asked, "Is that the same ocean?" Mr. Sophanne (I'm thinking not so patiently but that's making an assumption) answered, "Yes."

To this she replied, "That's what's wrong with you, you think you know everything."

He said "It's because I watch the History Channel."

(o.k. I made that last line about the History Channel up but that's what I would have said.)

BWAH HAH HA HA HA! Luckily I don't have any children to report on the stupid relationship choices I made pre-Mr. Sophanne.

(and if you're a friend who knows my past, be warned, I'll delete any comments that try to remedy that-unless you tell about the one who believed "jumping campfires" to be a worthy feat and then wondered what to do about that burn on his ankle.)

10 comments:

Carol said...

Ha! Myhusband claims he was a virgin when he met me. This, despite his cousin's avowal that his last girlfriend's baby looks just like him.....

Anonymous said...

we've all had our "what the heck was I thinking" moments! Mine involved a move halfway across the country to TX, a wedding, a divorce, and moving back to my hometown. All within a span of 3 years! DOH!!! And to think I could have had a V8!! LOL!!!

Yarnhog said...

"Bambi", huh? Probably close enough.

Angela said...

That was funny! It reminds me of a joke about someone driving north along the coast, then later driving south and their companion arguing that it couldn't be the same ocean because it was on the other side the first time.

Sunshine said...

My lips are sealed!!!!!!!

Marie said...

Hehehe, and I was told the word pyscho describes most of my hubby's ex girlfriends before me. I guess that is why he was never married before.

Lydee said...

jack be nimble, jack be quick....

no, seriously, what ocean is that?

looking forward to your post. i suck at reading music.

Kim said...

Wow, that "traveling companion" was dumb as a brick.
Mr. Kim (like Carol's DH) claims he was a virgin until he married me, but I know better. His friends tell me the juicy stories. The best story is how one woman, after dating Mr. Kim, declared she was gay and started dating women. I always tell Mr. Kim, you better be careful or I might start playing for the other team.

Lydee said...

lol kim!

Mary Beth said...

I'm snorting my koolaid here! So funny & everyone's comments in response r 2 die 4! My hubby & I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Kept us married for the past 19yrs! Ignorance can be bliss.