Monday, April 27, 2009

Making Plans

So, if you've been following this blog for a year or so, you might remember that last summer I adventured with Maggie- We went to Pittsburgh and saw the Titanic exhibit.

This year, in honor of surviving 8th grade and another school year, I've got another plan in the works. Me and Mags and our new friend Phillip (son of one of the kindergarten aides- in Mags' class and also currently surviving the 8th grade) are headed to NYC in June.

We're taking the train- staying 2 nights at the Hotel Penn- seeing the Empire State Building,the Spice Girls at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, The Lion King and Ground Zero. (not necessarily in that order.) We'll arrive Monday night, have Tuesday for some sightseeing, see the show on Tuesday night and head back on the train on Wednesday.

They are both really good kids and I'm fairly sure they will be no trouble- due to circumstances beyond their control they haven't had all of the adult attention they deserve.

The only thing that troubles me slightly in the above sentence is "adult" because I'm going to have to be one- in a sort of parental capacity. I laugh my a$$ off at fainting goats. I am age 9 when playing with my dog.

It's already a done deal, but maybe if you want to reassure me that I'm mature enough to pull this off, I wouldn't mind. kthnxby

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *chaperoned* a group of h.s. kids on a trip to NYC. If I could do it, so can you. You will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

You successfully handle over 300 heathens....er um kids (my two included) everyday. I have the utmost faith in your ability. If there is one thing that knitting teaches us...it's patience. You have a ton of it! Have a blast!! Besides, kids love it when adults act like kids!

Haley said...

you can do it!

JessaLu said...

You'll be fine. ;o)

Erin said...

Oh fun! You are going to have a blast.

Kim said...

You can do it! But hey, who says gorwn ups can't be silly. My office is very close to ground zero (and it's also spitting distance from a yarn shop) so maybe I could wlak over & say hi!
BTW, I am tagging you for an easy blog memem thing in a few minutes.

Lydee said...

it will be fun! and 2 are better than 25. :-)

Lydee said...

look at pittsburgh as a dry run :-)