Thursday, April 09, 2009

from an anonymous source

I received this email from a teacher friend in an unnamed not local school-

I would just like to say that you can't put Smarties down the back of a student's pants and keep your teaching job. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Guess they were trying to illustrate "Smarty Pants." Maybe it was a lesson on puns. Whatever the case, consider yourself warned.

Just a little visual context from last weekends book fair adventure




Each spring it seems that some sort of theme makes itself apparent in my existence. One year there were bunnies. The next year, birds seemed to be speaking to me. Lately it's all about the monkey.

Version 1.2 of MonkeyMakers monkey is on the needles with some tweaking. I accidentally visited the Oriental Trading site and did a monkey search. I'm now the proud owner of a 57" blow up monkey and just about everything else monkey that they sell. These will be the decorations for Mr. Sophanne's birthday. I WILL keep a secret.

In other news, I've been practicing the flute and can now whistle better. I know you've been waiting to hear about that.

I wish I had more delightfully clever posts in my head but in the biorhythm of blogging, things are on the down side. I'm sure that days off with time to think will eventually remedy this.

4 comments:

5elementknitr said...

I had a flute from the 6th-8th grade. I was never very good at it and you've made me realize it's because I've never been good at whistling! Yay! I always thought it was because I rarely practiced and actually wanted to learn to play the piano!

Thanks Sophanne!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't whistle until I started the flute in 5th grade!

Anonymous said...

if you like monkey stuff...try Supersockmonkey.com

lots of monkey games and ideas. I used them for a party at work once!

Carol said...

And the word monkey is fun to say. monkey! MONKEY! MonKEY. MONkey.....

::giggles and falls off chair::