Saturday, May 31, 2008

X is for Xanax

As schools around this country near the end of the year, it is my guess that there will be a sharp spike in the use of this drug followed by and evening out and decline as the month nears the end.

I have been fortunate in that I have not needed this assistance thus far and hope not to next week. Mostly it's just nice knowing it's there without ever using it. Especially in the last week of school.

Spinning? It's happening. Knitting? I began an EZ-EPS sweater last night (after swatching a hat.) I like the idea of measuring a sweater I love rather than myself. I have high hopes, just finished the garter stitch at the bottom and have 15" of peaceful knitting in the round before I have to think again. I was running low on comfort knitting. This is just the cure.

No Xenophobe Here.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Comfort knitting or Xanax? what to choose? In my house it's easy! Knitting! But if I had kids, it might go a little differently.....

Tammy said...

Oh geez... you just reminded me I need to run to the pharmacy! Thanks! (Comfort knitting only gets you so far in a houseful of boys.)

Yarnhog said...

Decline, hell! Where do you think all those kids GO when they get out of school?!

flutter said...

eXactly

Jenn said...

My dad always hated teaching after Memorial Day, he said the kids brains don't come back to school with them after that short break.

Lydee said...

it's not just the kids who are bonkers, the teachers at my school have been snippy with each other too. End of the year picnic at the principal's house anyone?

Anonymous said...

My kids already finished for the year. Friday was their last day. Luckily I only will have them for a week then off to grandmas for the summer.

Anonymous said...

hhmmmmm xanax is sounding pretty good right now!

Anonymous said...

Yes the count down to the last day of school is here for the kids but I'm counting the days 'til they go back to school. Two teenage boys who are hungry ALL the time and a little guy who wants to PLAY, PLAY, PLAY is too much for me to handle 24 hours.