Wednesday, May 07, 2008

j is for jealous and juxtapose

Last year as I read the post-MDSW blogs, I was seriously jealous of everyone's great yarn pron. This year some of you noticed that I didn't really give a lot of detail about the recently acquired stash. All will be revealed as new projects appear. I am just trying to be sensitive to my last year's self.

Right now Babette is on the front burner. I feel the color love. The double crochet monotony- not so much. I know for a certainty that if I put this down it will neither be ripped nor finished. It will be endless squares haunting my nightmares. Wanting to spare myself that experience, I move forward with determination.



Pictured below is some Juxtaposition. This mildly dyslexic knitter Can. Not. keep track of rows in lace charts. Determination be damned. It ain't gonna happen.

I so want to knit some lace. I love skinny luscious yarn. I love toothpick needles. Call me crazy. If I only have to look at one row at a time, I'm hoping I will be less distracted and convoluted. The right vs. left slanting symbols are enough all on their own. Who knows, I may have invented a new way to publish patterns.



Jealous be damned- I'm in a photo on the Ravelry Post on MDSW Fourth picture- 4 people on the back banister of the rabbit building then two more on the far right- one with a hat on-sun shining - THAT"S ME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i left you this comment and got a duplication error. i'm skairt of lace knitting but wanna try so badly. I'll flash my monster lace stash this month, i promise, since i keep feeding it.

Tammy said...

Forget sensitivity... Jealous or not, we want to seeeeeee!

sunshine said...

you are in the first picture too, with your back to the pic....wearing a blue shirt, with your backpack on. Isn't that you?