Wednesday, May 14, 2008

N is for

No.

Never.

Not going to happen.

Not fair.

Nilly Willy will be I.

Nexus of my sanity.

No Night of Nitting during the noontime of the year.

We were informed at Knit night last night that next week is the last night of Knit night until the summer is over. For various reasons (all justifiable if you disregard the fact that my sanity will now be on the brink) there's no summer knit night at my LYS.

KNQD, knowing the trauma this would cause (I'm guessing because she experienced it herself), has already suggested an alternate location.

Chris (aka-The Mountain- in the fine Eastern sense of the word-not in actual size-) agreed to check out the 11:00-1:00 Wednesday knit day. The only bonus there is we'll keep this little blog a secret and get snarky on their asses if they aren't "cool like us."

an aside for Chris- one knit row and one purl row on straight needles is equal to two knit rows in the round. Trust me. Let go of the myth.

Poor Gina took the brunt of my anger as I traveled through the stages of grief. It wasn't her fault.

Mr. Sophanne struggled to read my "don't do well with change-had just started embracing consistency" self during the drive home. (I know it's twisted logic but prior to meeting Mr. Sophanne, my negative response to change was not as much of a problem- if you don't have any consistency in your life -meals-sleeping time-etc., then change is constant and therefor a non-issue)

I know all will be well- but for yesterday and today, this is some most distressing News.

8 comments:

Lydee said...

bummer, hope a good alternative comes along.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to drive (and drive and drive) north to the Hurricane Knitters! But definitely search for an alternate location. What about the Starbucks in Canonsburg? Is there a Panera close by? I'm sending good thoughts your way that you find a place and that people are willing to go!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, alternate location, maybe with alcohol?;)

Yarnhog said...

Oh, NO!

Kim said...

No f-ing way!!!! How can knit night be cancelled? My brain can't grasp that concept. Glad you all are jumping into action to come up with a different location/substitute.

Yarnhog said...

Tag! You're it. See my blog for details if you want to play.

Carol said...

oh No!~ Hope the new plans work out!

Mary Beth said...

Why would a lys NOT have a summer knit night?? The attenders buy yarn almost every time, summer is when people actually have free time for this, & they'd be sending you purposely to do business elsewhere imho. Bummer for you.