Monday, May 19, 2008

R is for

Really Ready for this Rockin' Rag to be Finished



O.k. maybe "rag" is a stretch on R-ville, but I am ready to be done. We're into the whip stitch stage. I perused several possible joining methods and went with the whip because it seemed the simplest- both to do and to look at- and I'm thinking this thang doesn't need any more extra attention drawn to it.

Imagine my surprise when Mr. Sophanne asked "Can I have it?" I immediately replied yes. There's no better way to admire it than across the couch on him. He helped place a few color squares last night. I think he feels as though he's got a vested interest in it's successful completion now.

The picture really isn't doing the colors justice but I promise a good one when all is said and done. I have visions of hanging it on the swingset in the sunlight.

10 comments:

Sonya said...

I love seeing all the Babettes "ripen" all the internet.

Anonymous said...

Wow super cool. Love the colors.

Lydee said...

very cool; what an awesome Mr. Sophanne!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the big FO!

Cindy said...

I love it! Isn't crochet fast?? Of course, the whip stitch isn't quite as fast;-)

Mary Beth said...

That's the finest rag I've ever seen. My DH has been laying the hints on thick that he never gets a knitted item from me while everyone else does (& he doesn't count the hand-me-down slippers that I made for my dad, which he gave to DH when I made him another new pair for Christmas.)

Me7of11 said...

I really like your blankie. So much so, in fact, that I think I'll make one for myself. Just remember..."Imitation is the best form of flattery." And I think your "rag" ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

It's fabulous darlin'....love the name ROCKIN'RAG!!

Carol said...

Now that's a high compliment!

Jennie said...

ooohh so pretty!