Sunday, May 11, 2008

M is for Many Mindless Minutes cMus


or Sophanne the Early Years

You can see, I was not always in love with green. Once upon a time, purple had my heart.

In the back is a purple poncho (should have saved it for the letter p). Across the bed is about 6 inches of what I was sure would be the best afghan ever. Both Lionbrand Homespun. Some of it self-purchased, some of it a gift from Mr. Sophanne.

A moonlight madness shawl, a dead muppet shawl, a scarf that has some glitter in it, and a yellow sweater with daisy buttons that was all single crochet. (and oddly enough the only sweater I've ever made that's really come close to fitting well) The Red Heart sweater holds a place in my heart for it was made while camping out in a hospital waiting room and really got the whole enterprise going.

The crocheted afghan (in a tasteful pattern and colors was a cherished gift from an ex-step-mother and should not be included in mindless minutes)

The only defense I have is that I really (I swear) didn't know about wool. Or green.

8 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Dead Muppet shawl? LOVE.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing array of fiber!! And no excuses necessary. :)

Yarnhog said...

Don't feel too bad. Long after I should have known better, I made a sweater out of Homespun. And then proceeded to melt the acrylic by steam blocking it. I think of it as a mercy killing.

Kim said...

It's like looking back at an old year book. You think, "what was I thinking?!! Look at my hair and that outfit. oy!" You've come a long way baby. From nasty old logs of red heart to luxuriously soft alpaca (for example)

Anonymous said...

Purple is a great color. I bet you looked great in all those old items. But now they're old and it's time t move on. If you can't go forward then you stuck in a rut and that is a dud. Hooray for you.

Carol said...

PURPLE! I love purple. And blue. Yet I have no purple yarn, I don't htink. Oh wait, I knit up MIL clogs out of purple yarn. that's it. I have to remedy this. Next time I'm near a yarn shoppe....

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

We all had to start somewhere... you should see some of the nasty stuff I have lurking in my closet ;-D.

Mary Beth said...

I am giggling here. I have some Homespun in the form of the cover sweater, Sabor, from the knit.1 Spr/Sum 2005 issue. It's almost complete, buried in the bottom of what used to be a WIP basket, but is now obviously a UFO basket. It will never feel my body up close & personal I can tell ya. We've both come a long way baby.