Wednesday, May 28, 2008

V is for Viking and Velocity



Knitting at Panera's last night. When I didn't want to look at pastries for my mid-knit-night walk, KNQD suggested that I walk around Panera's feeling peoples clothing and asking them what it was made of.

Ursula had her Viking needle holder made by a friend which, if it were really real, some viking woman would have worn around her neck. I must say that it never occurred to me that there would be Viking Women. I thought they were all men.

Velocity really requires a video taping session which may come or may not come later. Liza Jane's favorite new trick is to bring a stick so that I will hold both ends of it. She hangs on with her teeth and then I spin her around (slightly airborne.) Her front paws rest on my legs as a safety valve, but as soon as her back legs leave the ground, her tail wags like crazy. She shakes it off and runs up saying "AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN!"

Also this morning when it was time for me to leave for work, she crawled up into a little ball on the bed in the room where I was getting ready and tried to make herself invisible. I know that she was trying to make herself invisible because she wouldn't come when I called her. Just remained on the bed in a small curled up ball.

Here's some knitting advice for anyone that needs it. Read the directions to the pattern. If you think you already know them, read them again anyway. After you read them, look at what you're doing and see if it's the same as what you read. If you decide to write down a checklist to help you keep track, make sure the checklist is correct and if it is do what it says. Check your knitting frequently to see if you are doing what you wrote down. This has been a PSA from one who empathsizes the pain of frogged sleeves for a third time

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I can only imagine spinning little Liza Jane. Grover wouldn't leave the ground:-) As for the PSA, thank you. I think reminders like this are useful for all of us. I think I experience this at least three or four times per project.

Yarnhog said...

I agree with the KNQD. I have fantasies about doing things like that. The most pervasive is the French Fry Fantasy. Anytime I walk past someone in a restaurant who's eating french fries, I am assailed by the urge to snag one off their plate and eat it, just to see what would happen. (I don't even like french fries.) I haven't done it yet, but someday I will!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Sleeves are just murder!!

Kim said...

Reading the pattern is always helpful. hahaha! It sounds like Liza Jane may have a future as a circus dog with that cool hanging on the stick trick.

Carol said...

Even if I follow all your recommended steps, I have had to frog....sigh...sometimes ya jsut have to go swimming....

5elementknitr said...

C is for Contest - you've won it!

Email me to let me know what color scheme you'd like!

Anonymous said...

Read the directions? Check them against your knitting? Double check your chart?

Huh.