Wednesday, June 04, 2008

y is for yo mama and yo mama and yo mama

Those are the folks that will be at the 5th grade graduation today.

The elements of a decent blog composition have escaped me lately as I have been busy breathing my way through the snits and snats of the last few days of school.

One thing to make me laugh is that at knit night last night Darla said, "Someone could fart crossways and Canonsburg would have a parade." Apparently the parade mania has been featured on Good Morning America but I have no time to find a suitable link.

Sheepish Annie describes using index cards as her summer organizational tool. I too think it's a good idea to have some summer goals-even if I don't meet them. Mr. Sophanne's latest idea was a "things we need to do around the house list." Number one on the list was to figure out what to put on the list.

That being said, I'm open to creative suggestions (as in stuff other than knitting and household chores-the former being obvious and the latter ridiculous) as to how to entertain myself this summer. Let your minds roam free. Just remember I don't love to drive-and thanks in advance.

Now, everyone quietly chant "go home with yo mama, go home with yo mama."

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Have a wonderful end of the school year time. As for ideas? Go walking and exploring with Liza Jane. Dogs are fabulous company on walks. She has enough energy and personality to entertain you for a long time. If I had a month or so off, I would declutter, but that is not fun so ignore it.

Yvonne said...

Summer ideas...summer ideas...meet Yvonne for knitting? Hang out in Pittsburgh?? Take a bus trip! Play with Liza!!

Diane said...

At my house the biggest challenge would be to find a place to put the list so we wouldn't misplace the list.

sunshine said...

Take a train ride cross country! Smile

Yarnhog said...

Buy a loom!

Carol said...

A list? You have a list? You are waaaaay ahead of me!

Kim said...

I'd go to the fart parade for sure!

Anonymous said...

A list? Foreign to my nature. Well no. I love lists. I just don't follow them.

Hmm. Finally watch every single episode of a series you like on DVD and all the extras?

And now, following instructions:[chanting] "go home with yo mama, go home with yo mama."

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Start quilting!

Anonymous said...

everyone quit chanting! please! I want my one more day of freedom!! LOL!! I have great summer project for ya---teach me how to do socks! Woo hoo....I bought a set of 4 dpn's for just such an occasion!!!

Lydee said...

go home with yo mama and don't come back....oh wait! they've already done that!

my last week consisted of movies and going outside, movies and going outside. what a motivated teacher I am...