Monday, April 21, 2008

So glad for open blog letters

Dear immediate supervisor (for the sake of any potential recriminations, not MY immediate supervisor)

A surprise luncheon was scheduled on this 2 hour early dismissal day for the secretary that has to sit in this office with you all day long.

Ample time was given had you wanted to take the lead on this but as we are not ones to do things at the last minute, we did it ourselves.

That is was to be a surprise was indicated both verbally and in writing.

Is it because you're the boss that you feel you must ruin share this surprise with our administrative assistant 5 damn minutes before it was to take place?

Have you been watching "The Office" for ideas?

Are you related to Michael Scott?

Are you an Ignoranus (thanks Yvonne)- both stupid AND an a$$hole?

Again, not my boss. Or perhaps I should say "not the boss of me."

AND while we're at it...

Dear Mr. Sophanne,

How is it that 95% of the time you have no idea at all what I'm doing with sticks and strings on my end of the couch and yet yesterday you looked over and said, "Are you making doilies now honey? Did you ever get to see the doilies my mother made?"

10 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ignoranus!!

Yarnhog said...

Aaargh! The only thing I dislike more than surprises is people ruining surprises.

When I was about to turn two, my mother was secretly making me a set of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. She was sewing together two little pieces of striped fabric for the legs, thinking I'd never notice or care, when I reportedly ran over and squealed, "Are you making Raggedy Ann and Andy?! Can I have them?" Perhaps Mr. Sophanne and I are somehow related.

Deborah-- said...

Oh that is priceless! He just sensed he should take notice of what your are doing.

Knit Witch said...

Ugh. How irritating. What is wrong with people?!?!

Anonymous said...

He is very much an Ignoranus, surrounded by a layer of Bozone.
I love those words.

Kim said...

An ignoranus in action! What a D-bag!

Olga said...

Ha Ha! thats priceless!

Carol said...

Did you tell him, no, you are making a cat-mat? Misdirection can be a wonderful thing...

Anonymous said...

Typical husband.

Ignoranus! I will be using that word extensively, I'm sure. I'm just grateful I didn't hear it until after tax season ended.

Haley said...

aren't those doilies part of a surprise gift for him? that's funny. well, at least you know he hasn't forgotten the doilies.