Sunday, April 06, 2008

Removing the Funk

Hey thanks for making me laugh. Puberty=Poverty - too funny.

Things I've done this weekend to avoid being cranky-

1. Read Wicked. Not done yet. Some of you who asked me for a review will like it. Others won't.

2. Found a sock pattern that I like knitting (beaded rib from Sensational Knitted Socks) k2p2 then a K row.

3. Got 75% of a sock done in that pattern in some Koigu KPPMMMM

4. Mailed some yarn to Ruth

5. Started the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl in Cherry Tree Hill. The FairyGodknitter is such an inspiration. Think good post-op thoughts for her.

6. Laughed my a$$ off at Carol's idle musing.

7. Took the dog to Petco so she could get in some retail therapy. Also acquired the euphemistically named "static collar."

That's about it and now it's back to school Hooray that knit night is but 2 days away.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Lydee said...

woo hoo! knit nite, as opposed to nit day, blech!

Tammy said...

I'm glad you've been able to steer clear of the cranks. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Wicked. I loved the musical, and got a sense there could be a lot more depth in the book in the way of policial and/or sociological commentary.

Cindy said...

I am really sorry I couldn't come up with anything funny. I'm not in the cranks, but haven't been in the funnies either. I'm dying to hear about WICKED. I bought it and haven't started it yet (due to my enthrallment with books on MP3). Take care and I've sending really good thoughts to Joan today, too.

Haley said...

i loved Wicked. hope you're enjoying it! i usually like a bowl of ice cream, a chick flic and some mindless knitting when i need to get rid of the cranks. of course, all of these things have to wait until after my little guy goes to bed, but are still a treat!

Carol said...

Glad the ickiness has passed. I hate it when I get like that. And yet, it happens semi-regularly...

5elementknitr said...

Got the yarn - LOVE it! Now you have 9 entries in the contest - good luck!