Monday, April 28, 2008

E is for Everything from the last post in pictures.

Extra Secret Birthday Surprise Doily (should have put something in the picture for scale- it's too big to fit on a 12"x12" cork square. It's maybe 16" in diameter- is that the right word?)



My new best friend- Babette- won't it be fun to watch her grow? These are slightly overexposed and not indicative of the vibrancy of the yarn. The light color is a fluorescent green and not the yellow it appears to be. There will be much more dark purple- that's sort of the main color and it won't be so orangey. Tomorrow at knit night I'll figure out some additional colors. I must say that taking a picture and looking at it makes it easier to see what I "need" colorwise than actually looking at it in real life. That's strange.

10 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh wow that Babette is going to be amazing!!

flutter said...

It looks so happy!

Tammy said...

You're really inspiring me to give Babette a try. Of course I need to learn how to crochet first. But maybe starting with small squares would be a good way to go.

Deborah-- said...

Oh the doily look awesome. Great job with it! I can totally understand how Babette looks different in pictures than in real life. You get a different perspective. Kinda like when you see a picture of yourself.

Olga said...

I see things alot better in pictures too, I guess it gives you a perspective you didn't have up close and in person. I have to admit, that looks tempting to make.

Anonymous said...

You've got mad crochet skills there, chica!! IT IS ALMOST FRIDAY!! WOOOHOOO!!

cpurl17 said...

Babette is a lovely young thing and it will be fun watching her grow up!

The doily is very pretty.

Kim said...

Oooh Babbette is gorgeous. Your doily made me wonder if anyone has ever crocheted a cover for garbage can lids. Maybe you should be the first? If you crocheted your surprise doily a little larger, it might work. Damn, now I HAVE TO learn to crochet.

Mag said...

Delightful doily and bitchin' Babette! (I'm amazingly alliterative today.;)

I've always wanted to crochet a granny square afghan with velour yarn. It'd be a velvet granny square done in jewel tones. Trouble is, I am crochet impaired. (I'm breaking down and taking a class in late May.)

FairyGodKnitter said...

Lovely colors, aren't those squares addictive?