Sunday, April 20, 2008

FYI

I can crochet the snot out of doilies when I feel like it.



Mr. Sophanne's birthday is in 2 weeks. I'm putting together a calendar of pictures and birthdays (at his request.) He was orphaned at age 13 but one thing that he remembers about his childhood were turquoise crocheted doilies.

This isn't really turquoise but I plan a little note that says it combines the turquoise of his mama's doilies with the purple that is me and the dark blue of the man he has become.

He doesn't accept gifts well and if it's not exactly the same as what he remembers, it may mean nothing to him so Claw, if he sniffs his nose at it, this one's yours. This is all assuming that I'll finish it in two weeks.

Off to do laundry and knock out some more dc's. Does it crack anyone else up that I'll be able to work on this while we watch t.v. together and he'll never even once wonder what I'm doing?

3 comments:

Deborah-- said...

I think that is a totally awesome birthday present! I use to do family calendars every year at Christmas for my family. The doilie looks fantastic and I'm sure it will be totally appreciated. It's great when you can work on gifts right in front of the person who's receiving it.

Kim said...

What a wonderful and touching b-day gift. Mr. Sophanne may become so verklempt that he'll blow his nose into your crochet doily and the snot will go a-flying. Must be why crochet hankies never came into vogue.

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet! What cracks ME up is the fact that I (and I'm sure you) can crochet without actually looking at what I'm doing very often! I always feel so talented for a while... and then like an idiot when I mess up.