Monday, April 14, 2008

Monkey See Monkey Do

I am a tactile sort. When I go to knit night, I look at what everyone's doing when it's show and tell but afterwards I secretly imagine what it would feel like to knit/crochet what someone else is doing. If I like the way I think it feels I am the copycat girl. At least that's the reason I'm giving for crocheting a few warshrags this weekend. KNQ Debbie's looked so fabulous and I was jealous of her hands.


Also, does sewing on a button count as a finished object?


Mr. Sophanne was indeed the ho-ho-hoer in yesterday's post. He's such a sport.

Shortly after I finished the post I realized that there needed to be more said about The Claw. (In case you didn't read the comments Claw, there were multiple requests for more. You're a Star!)

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your sleigh bells. Lucky you, to have a friend like Claw. As for the tactile? Me, too. I'm also really visual. And, the button counts for an FO.

Anonymous said...

The dishcloths look so pretty, like cotton candy!!

Kim said...

Nice washcloths. Very excellent button sewing-on too. Me, I am a total copy cat. So behind on my bloglines reading. I apologize for my lack of commentness on your other posts.

Mary Beth said...

I loved the bells. I am playing catch up o my blog reading. I've been lost in the Land of Taxes. Just found the exit. :)

Olga said...

Oh man, how could you not do a post about somebody named 'the Claw' sounds like a charater from the Simpsons.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

The Claw, love that. The sleigh bells are gorgeous.

With you on the Monkey See/Monkey DO thing. Every time I hang out at the LYS, I get delusions of grandeur. Then I get home with my lace (or what have you) and go WTF was I thinking?

craftivore said...

The Claw... is he like Captain Hook? I love the photo of the button straining at the waistband.

5elementknitr said...

Lovely cloth!

Those bells came out fantastic! I hope you're knitting something else for him...

Deborah-- said...

Nothing wrong with knitting something you see someone knitting! Lemmings walk this way. I think the button sewing can be a qualified FO. I look forward to more about The Claw!