Friday, April 11, 2008

IWITTWFF (I Wish I Thought This Was Funny Friday)

Welcome to a new feature- "I wish I thought this was funny Friday." I'll wait and see if it catches on.

Yours truly has been the faculty senate president going on about 10 years now. I agree to this each year because I can keep the meetings down to 30 minutes (as opposed to 3 hours) without stepping on too many toes.

I may have failed in that mission today but sometimes toes just need to be stepped on.

Teacher: Why can't we make any copies on these machines? Why don't these other machines work? What are we supposed to do?

This would be a valid concern if not for the fact that we have this same conversation in one form or another at EVERY faculty senate meeting.

Sophanne: Here are the answers to your questions and the things that have been done to in an effort to solve these difficulties. If you have trouble with a specific machine, you really need to talk to Miss Parent Volunteer.

Miss Parent Volunteer is a priceless mainstay at the school. Always Always Always there to do whatever crap work needs to be done so that teachers can teach. You have to be pretty offensive to get her riled up.

Teacher: Some of us are afraid of getting our heads bit off because Miss Parent Volunteer goes into a rage if you ask her.

Sophanne: I'm sure we're all adults here and can find ways to communicate with Miss Parent Volunteer in a respectful way so that we can all get what we need. We're all on the same side.

in my head: HEY A$$hole! If Miss Parent Volunteer loses it on you, it's time to do a little self-check to see what stupida$$ thing YOU did to make it happen. Also given that you are the COLLEGE EDUCATED TEACHER and not one of your first graders and not a volunteer who gets dumped on all of the time, why don't YOU do YOUR OWN conflict resolution. This is not in my hula hoop!

Some of you may see this post for what it really is- a chance to spout the in my head statements so that I don't break anyone's ankle (as opposed to stepping on their toes) What's that one Irish blessing about God breaking the ankles of our "enemies" so we can see them coming?

Really cool Christmas post coming soon! It pays to knit Christmas Stockings in March.

9 comments:

Deborah-- said...

Where else is there a somewhat safe haven to articulate what runs through our minds in hopes of preventing physical damage upon someones ankles? You get an A for keeping yourself under control over something like that. Oooo I've heard of Christmas in July, now in March? Look forward to reading all about it. Keeping smiling and laughing.

Lydee said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Tell them the copier machines are demon possessed and they need to bring in their local preacher to anoint them with oil and cast out the evil spirits.....yeah, the teachers at my school don't think that's funny either...but I do ;-)

flutter said...

That kind of whining makes me insane. INSANE

Carol said...

I always wonder how some people fail to understand that in order for the copier to work, you must push the button. Or put paper in it. Anything that isn't fixable by doing those 2 things means you should get someone who knows. Not try to fix it and jam it up worse!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Sounds like time and tax dollars well-spent. Is there a "rolling eyes" smiley I can make? If I knew how to do it, I would put it here.

Sharon said...

"not in my hula hoop"...lol

Sunflowerfairy said...

"This is not my hula hoop!"

hahahhaaaaahaha!!

I love it.

Anonymous said...

"Not my hula hoop"

Must.remember.that.one.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Good times!! I find that at faculty meetings, the smaller, the more inconsequential the issue, the higher the stakes get raised and the more ridiculous people become:)