Sunday, April 27, 2008

D is for Dining out and Desperate Measures

Anyone with Deductive reasoning skills can figure out that Mr. Sophanne inDulgeD in McDonalD's tonight. That is a Desperate measure. While observing the local MickeyD culture he suggested that with prices the way they've been going, soon brides and the bereaved will look to fast food for their catering needs. That cracked me up.

What didn't crack me up so much were the side effects of him having a tooth pulled at the Dentist. With blood thinning Drugs it took forever to clot and we had several hours of cold chills. He's better now but it was really weird. Anyone have a similar experience?

In the fiber front, I believe I've gone over the edge. Why is it that it never occurred to me to crochet with GOOD YARN? There has always been this formula in my head that goes Crochet=RedHeart. Big old "Doh" for me. Granny squaring with good yarn is like crack cocaine to this fiber lover cause I'm a speed demon natural.



I pulled this picture from the Interweave site (hoping they won't mind) but it was this one on Ravelry that made me say Let's Go!




I'm using the colors from:


but I've added a smoky lavender and a darker and dustier blue to the mix. I am in love. Given that the pattern calls for Koigu and I'm using Cascade I may end up with the king-size version. It's the perfect project to compliment some of the harder things I have on the needles. And woe is me, I'll have to pick some more colors on Tuesday.

I didn't complete the whole doily pattern but it looks like a doily. No need to go overboard on something he might not want.

But Sophanne, where are the pictures?

all in good time.

10 comments:

Lydee said...

yea! sounds relaxing! can't wait to see pics!

Deborah-- said...

Anything knitted/crocheted with good yarn goes so much better than with the crappy stuff. That blanket is going to be gorgeous! Hope Mr. Sophanne is feeling better. Thank goodness Micky D's has the dollar menu!

Anonymous said...

Wow is that gorgeous! Hopefully you can get some knitting time in on FRIDAY!!

Yarnhog said...

I'm glad to hear Mr. Sophanne is doing better. I don't take blood thinners, but I always have trouble clotting (a lot of redheads do--it's some sort of genetic thing), and having chills is not uncommon when you're bleeding. I think the body responds to bleeding by trying to constrict the capillaries, so warm blood doesn't get to the skin as easily and you get cold. At least, this is my reasoning.

Olga said...

Still waiting to see the bathing trunks made out of doilys....

Cindy said...

I love the afghan and admire you for going for it. As for the clotting? My mother is on blood-clotting drugs and it is a shock to the body to bleed. She reacts differently every time something happens. Poor Mr. Sophanne. I'm sorry he had such a rough reaction.

Kim said...

So sorry for Mr. Sophanne's food & clotting woes. Somehow I always think of crochet (which I don't know how to do) as being done with assy yarn. The Babbette blanket is gorgeous! Are you bringing it to MDSW?

Mag said...

I had my wedding feast at MickeyDs! Hah! Those were the days! Poverty was wonderful!

Ugh, teeth. They are connected to the rest of one's body. It is amazing that health insurance co.s can ignore that fact. (Honestly, I think a lot of dental procedures should be done in medical facilities, just in case. I shudder to think of the things I've experienced at the dentist.)

Carol said...

Yup, thst picture would suck me in too. Except I am well anchored by the weight of my already enormous queue!

Haley said...

i don't crochet, but seeing this blanket on interweave definitely made me want to. yours looks like it is going to be lovely!