Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quit Quite (knit night)

A summary report-

Chris didn't bring any knitting. She just showed up for the entertainment.

Debbie crocheted a potholder

Darla worked on Calorimetry.

MaryMac MakeMeLaugh told of getting a thank you note from a shoe store (after purchasing 3 pairs of shoes, a purse and a bracelet) and a free shoe horn from another store. What is the protocol on shoe horns? Are they reusable or disposable. Was she treated to a special treat or do they do that for everyone?

I finished a sock.

I love knit night. Even in it's quieter moments. I've been quieter lately. I wonder if the two are related.

Interesting blog fodder has been elusive this past week. On Monday I was tempted to post a Seinfeld-esque diatribe on pillows. How many do you need to fall asleep? What's with the feather pieces sticking out? Why does the thought of having to put on clean pillow cases (the effort involved) make me think I don't really need to change the sheets- even with dog bone pieces in them? I also considered looking at the rest of the week through Jerry Seinfeld's filter. So far it hasn't happened other than the pillow talk.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are having a "bring your dog to the game" day on August 29. We are SO there. The "static" collar is doing it's job. Liza playfully romps outside and is never too far afield.

that's all I've got.

14 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like you have a great knitgroup. OK. My dumb. What's a static collar?

Anonymous said...

You definitely had what sounds like a quiet knit night! Ours are rarely quiet. Mostly I think that's my fault, because I tend to be loud. Which makes me wonder if I should change that. Do I have a bad image? What do others think of me? Is it oh no, here comes the loud mouth? I don't think they do though, because we've had other people there that we've all abhorred and then all breathed a collective sigh of relief when they've not reappeared the next time.

Stephanie said...

Knit night is my favorite day of the week now :) And it is rarely quite when we are there. We are always getting into some kind of mischief. That's what it's all about right?


And what IS with those pillowcases? (said in a Jerry kind of voice.) I seriously miss that show. I loved it.

Diane said...

Shoe horn as a treat? I'm thinking not so much ....

Kim said...

I got a thank you card form a shoe store once. It made me so happy. Shoe horns. Hmmmm. I might need to start collecting vintage shoe horns. As for pillows, my father sent me a newspaper article (from the Bergen Record) about how old pillows are filed with saliva, dead skin cells, hair, fungi and dust mites. Grossed me out! Thanks Dad!

flutter said...

I so wish I could come!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I wish I could go to my local knit night but I can't deal with my LYS owner any more:(

5elementknitr said...

Tucson had the same thing, they called it Bark at the Park and it was a big fundraiser.

I LOATHE dressing pillows. I usually sneak upstairs with the clean sheets and dress the whole bed so when husband comes up I make him do all the pillows. I've got these short, little, T-rex arms and he's got long manly arms - easier for him.

Lydee said...

I do the sheets, and emmy usually does the pillow cases. She thinks it's a great treat.

I double pillow case my feather pillow so the little sticks aren't poking me.

Knit knit sounds peaceful. I could use a peaceful moment. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight!

Carol said...

Okay, ont he one hand, no blog fodder means life is going well and there is no drama. on he other hand, there is no blog fodder. I sympathize.

Sharon said...

I think it says a lot about your knitting group when people show up without bringing their knitting just to hang out and have fun!

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I COULD not make nit nite...I miss all the fun :(
3 more weeks and classes are done for the summer!
Do you know where I can get the Julia R pattern and the other bag purse??
You are a shoe in at the waynesburg fair and it is count down time til Maryland.. Yippeee
bonnie

Deborah-- said...

I think a knit night is fun no matter what the level of chitter chatter or excitement may be! It gets ya out of the house. As for the pillows. I sleep with four. I can make it with two if I am not in my own bed. And yes, the sheets do need to be changed because as Kim said...all those oh so lovely elements are present in your pillows and bed. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love "Bring you dog to the game day" I don't want to miss it. Thanks for reminding me.