Wednesday, December 05, 2007

nitte nytte and what do you know of boocles?



Thanks to Marc (henceforth known as Mr. Nitnite) and his camera phone for pictures to post. Stupid dead Nikon batteries.

Had you not noticed? I love knit night. So much so that I rarely spell it correctly because it is so sacred. There were fewer of us last night but when you walk in that place you're just smiling inside even if there's nothing funny because there is such a chance for things to get funny and that's funny all in itself. My job is done if I manage to say something that would cause someone who was eating to spit food out of their mouths-actual food not required. Food Spew Action? Check.

I bought some burnt orange wool and some matching variagated (sp?) novelty yarn to stripe the stocking cap. Tonight's knitting question. Is there a way to knit with boucle (in the round) that has the boocles on the outside instead of beautifully adorning the inside? I tried pulling the boocle through and not pulling the boocle through (I'm pretending that the balls on the boucle are called "boocles".) The next thing I'm going to try is maybe knitting in the back of the stitch and twisting it. It would be much easier if someone who already knows how to do it could help.

5 comments:

Lydee said...

I love the tree ornaments! I was waiting to hear about knit nite. My husband said, "You're on the computer again?!"

That's the great thing about snow days!

Mari said...

Those ornaments are great!

I can offer no help on your knitting question, unfortunately, I have never used boucle.

Good luck with it!

Olga said...

I always wondered how you actually pronounce boucle- I know I'm butchering it. I say " baaa-kul" I had some once and I hated knitting with it and gave it away.

Kim said...

Great yarny ornaments. Can't help you with the boucles, I'm clueless. I had a similar issue knitting a hat with some crazy handspun with mohair locks dangling off it. Soem ended up with the locks on the outside of the hat and some on the inside.

Jenn said...

Must. Have. Ornaments!