Sunday, December 30, 2007

Here there and everywhere. Mostly here.

The Ten Project Challenge has a certain appeal to me but I'm not much of a joiner and I am a compulsive yarn buyer. I don't have the vast stash that I've viewed on Ravelry but I do feel guilty about neglected stash. Combine those facts with the added need to save up for my own Mac Power Book (the one that got me started blogging is a loaner and may have to leave it's happy home in the next year) and a little stash control would be a wise wise thing.

All that being said, I think I'll list some knitting goals for the coming months. I'll try to be realistic.

1. Mittens to match the as yet unseen stocking cap.

2. A cardigan (with Misti Alpaca chunky-the reward yarn of the holidays)designed by me using the reverse side of a slipped rib stitch and garter stitch for interest. What you see is the back. The sleeves will have an equal amount of WS slipped rib. Depending on the way it pulls or doesn't pull, the front panels may be all slipped rib. Garter collar, set in sleeves. We'll see.

3. A finished or frogged tangled yoke.

4. Finish the Classic Elite Oregon vest without being intimidated by the zipper. Every time I go to the yarn store, I'm drawn to this fiber and every time I'm drawn to it, I realize I have a UFO out of the very same yarn. Doh.

5. More socks, as my collection is dwindling thanks to some dropped stitches and puppy teeth.

But wait, you're wondering what the hell is up with the button at the start of the post? We got one of those cool indoor trainers for the bikes. It is assembled with bike in a secret quiet room in the house. In an effort (at least for a little while) to keep myself accountable, each time I've made use of it for more than 3 minutes and happen to be blogging, I'll put that little picture at the beginning. This way you'll know how the old exercise resolution is going without me going on and on about it. I thought about making a little "hey I didn't get off my lard ass" button as well but I'm trying to keep this positive and with few rules. Not even timing myself yet. Just ride the bike and win a prize.

4 comments:

flutter said...

Ohhhh that cardi is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Good idea on the exercise button. I have a similar resolution re: the treadmill. Just have to remember to take audio book with me when I head to the porch to get on it; otherwise, I get bored and stop after 5 minutes.

Lydee said...

Hubby has a trainer for his bike. We think it's so noisy because he wore the bearings out. Pedal Forrest! Pedal!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I still maintain that mittens will never, ever disappoint...and I am glad to know that my stash is a source of ummm 'inspiration' for you. Maybe you could think of my obscene yarn buying tendencies as a public service to you, you know, so you can know that there's always someone more over the brink than you!