Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Is it just me or..

every time you wear a finished object do you walk around chanting "feel my sweater, I made it."

Wicked is off the needles. It needs to be blocked but I wore it to school anyway because the weather was permitting.

It's most very cozy in spite of a wide variety of crossover/cable ribbings. For those of you looking forward to a pocket- you'll have to look elsewhere.

What annoys me most (and I'm hoping that blocking will solve this) is the fact that the bottom ribbing is done in moss stitch and is rolling up like a t-shirt rag. Wonder why it's moss stitch ribbing on the bottom.

Next plan in my head is a stocking cap for my favorite parent volunteer coordinator. She loves wacky hats and will make a most excellent blog picture. There's reason enough to knit one.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see Wicked!!

Kim said...

What a tease! Where's the picture of a finished wicked!? Well, now I have something to look forward to.

flutter said...

Oh I cannot wait to see Wicked....

Jane said...

Thanks for entering my 'one weird thing about me' contest. I have a similar fear - I find a parking space but then can't find my car!
I'll be drawing a winner in a couple of days.
Jane

Lydee said...

your chant, how funny!

Jennie said...

I bet it looks amazing. We need pics of you in Wicked!

Yarnhog said...

I usually wait for people to compliment it and then casually mention that I made it myself. If by "casual" you understand that I mean, with a great, self-satisfied grin, of course. And if by "wait" you also understand that I mean rub up against them in an overly friendly fashion and point out the beautiful color, the fancy stitch pattern, the perfect fit...

Olga said...

and wheres the picture, you big tease??! I bet you never even made it- just yanking our chains. Hmm? I'm waiting......