Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mutating Virus

I would like to suggest that here in this household Second Sock Syndrome (SSS) has mutated and become most vile. It is now First Sock Syndrome. I have such a lovely (if small by comparison) collection of luscious sock yarns. The aficionados among you will recognize Olive Lana Grossa, 2 flavors of Trekking, some mint-colored Berroco Ultra Alpaca (on 6's for a fast knit), some lemony-lime Koigu, and my recent destash purchase from A.D.D. Knitter on-line 100 (or something like that) in the cool multi-colored variegated black.



You may also notice that several of these fine beginnings have no needles-no scrap yarn in them. Want to start a new sock? Just yank out the needles from the ones you haven't finished. Early treatment of this syndrome included buying more #2 dpn's. Come to find that treats the symptoms rather than the disease.

Should I be contacting the CDC" in Atlanta or is this just an isolated incident?

Also, go say hey to poly_dactyl. She's a real life friend who knits but has had her hands full turning 30, having a baby, and finishing her Master's degree in the last 4 months. She just started a blog- I want her to get as addicted as I am, so leave a comment or ten. Thanks!

5 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad the yarn arrived safe and sound, and good luck with your 'condition'!

Olga said...

I have a promblem with socks too, lately, they are all I really feel like knitting and just for me too. I was thinking of getting some more of those KnitPicks sock needles, I love how pointy and slick they are.

Kim said...

It's not a mere mutated virus. It's the bubonic plague. You need strong medicine. I'd be in the same state as you but I force myself to follow this rule: no starting a new sock until the one you're working on has at least the heel flap done. Despite this rule, I carry an extra set of US#1 DPNs in my purse at all times in case I stumble upon some new sock yarn and must cast on immediately. Hasn't happened yet though.

Lapdog Creations said...

Hey Becky & Miss Liza Jane....

You just won in my contest!!! I'll be posting about it shortly... :)

Tammy said...

Yup... More needles is the treatment I've sought so far. I'm trying to give myself "rules"... but, I'm not really much of a rule person.