Tuesday, December 18, 2007

...in a handbasket

Signs of the above..

Today during a slurred speech microphone moment in front of 300+ kids I'm pretty sure I said the word "shit." oops.

Husband the Great is home and not well. Sure sign that he is not well is him saying "Do you still love me even if I'm sick?"

Hence, I did not go to knit night. Oh so not the best day. For the next two weeks, knit night will be on the Eve of holidays to come so that means nearly a month without a fix. See slurred speech slip above.

Knitting continues in spite of the fact that the puppy very much loves pulling finished and unfinished knits around and being chased. I've tried tricking her by hiding chaseable knits. She so knows the difference.

As a result, fine knitting has been set aside until she pulls it together and lots of loosey goosey what if knits are likely to follow.

The first wip to post is the stocking hat that had great aspirations and needles that were too large. Mostly it looks like the upchuck that happened in the audience this afternoon. I'm guessing that fine "booclay and it's boocles" isn't going to frog so well. There are great possibilities in the yarn/texture combination. I just haven't found them yet.




Also on the needles is a booga bag made with some yarn from the 30% off treasure chest and some leftover from the everlasting gobstopper messenger bag. It's either going to be really cool or it's going to suck or it will be somewhere in the middle. I'm considering it an i-cord tutorial since I've never tried that before.

8 comments:

flutter said...

is it horrible that I probably would have said shit and not even realized it?

Jenn said...

I'm with flutter, it just kinds of...comes out.

Sunflowerfairy said...

See, that's why New Haven SnB meets 4 times a week. There's a fix waiting somewhere.

:)

I'm sure everything went much better than you think.

Olga said...

Hat and bag look good, I-cords are such a no brainer you'll grow to hate 'em.

sunshine said...

What a bad day! Hope hubby starts feeling better!!

Kim said...

Missing SnB can really fuck you up. Oops, I wrote the F word. Be glad it was shit instead of some other choice words. I think the bag will turn out great.

Yarnhog said...

Oh, dear.

I swore off swearing in front of children when my then-two year old, frustrated by an unruly shopping cart, popped out with, "These f*ing wheels won't go straight!" in front of many stunned witnesses. Mercifully, I wasn't present, as my husband had taken him to the store. But I am quite certain he learned that particular expression from me--as is my husband.

Diane said...

As long as it wasn't referring to the kids as little shits you are ok.

I cord is so eary and mind numbingly boring you'll want to poke yourself in the eye with a double point. I did a booga bag and will use something else for the handles if I make it again.