Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What in blazes was I thinking.

Louie is the Devil.

I went to the gym tonight for the 6:30 "country heat" exercise dance class to find it had been removed from the schedule.

Instead, the 6:30 class was "body blast" with Louie.  I attended one other Louie class on the soccer field.  It was the one I left because it felt like elementary school physed when I felt like a complete loser.

I stayed for the whole 50 minutes today.  Here are some pictures of all the things I couldn't do.




Mountain climbers (there were people running while doing this. I did one for everyones 10)

Fire Hydrants- I could actually do a couple of these



Plank Jacks- jumping jacks while in a plank position.  The modification was not to do both legs at once but instead slowly one leg at a time.  I was happy to maintain a plank.


This is the dead bug.  I could do it (about half speed) Often times I was more like a caterpillar.


These are sumo squats- squat-jump up in the air-land and go to a squat.  Hilarious.  I could do a few squats at least



This is the Iron Cross.  While holding it we are asked to have swimming legs, legs out and swimming legs with legs out.  At one point I might have said "I'm drowning."


Side lunges- these were easy until he showed me that a longer step out was required.


While doing the "high knees" everyone was running- My pace was more lift.... pause.... lift etc. While everyone was doing sit ups, I was happy to get my head 4" off the floor.


This isn't all of them but you get the picture. Six different exercise about 20 seconds each done in sets- repeated three times.  There were times when I thought a) I'm going to puke. b) I'm going to cry and c) I'm going to sit this last set out.

I tried to get up to join in at one point and I could not lift my legs from the floor.  it was as if the magnetic pull of the earth had overpowered me.

I will go back. I wrote down the sequences that I remembered when I got home to practice in between.  I want to be able to do it.  I want to see myself get better at it.  And if I do, you'll hear about it.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

You are BRAVE! AND HEROIC! for going to the class and then staying for the whole thing. But I would be careful of those sumo squats -- they look like they are very hard on the knees.