Sunday, March 10, 2019

Because insomnia.

For the past two nights I’ve gone to bed around 10:00 pm and was still looking at the clock at 3:00 am.  Then I wake up at 11:00 the next morning.  This is not by choice or irresponsible behavior. It just is what it is.  Tonight I’m staying up a little longer because I can’t take 5 hours of tossing and turning. I couldn’t even fall asleep for a nap.  That’s how I know it’s insomnia.

No pain pills or ibuprofen today. Just a few pangs. I took a walk with the dog around the house this afternoon. I was surprisingly exhausted after just a short time.  I believe next week I will drive and build up my step count to make sure I can function when I return.

There is great progress on the sweater but it’s not ready to be photographed.  Instead here’s a shot of my cheat sheet.


And because there is little else to post, here are some pics of the never ending log cabin Afghan.  It’s Cascade 220.  It comes from other projects, yarn swaps and an occasional order.  It’s about 3.5’ x 4.5’. Each segment is 20 rows of garter stitch.  I recently stopped changing colors at every new segment. If a color runs out-I’ll start another without starting another section.  I toyed with the idea of making each segment 10 garter rows but I think this way will ensure minimum yarn wastage while maintaining proportions in the dimensions.








No comments: