Thursday, November 25, 2010

A swan and a turkey

....walked into a bar. Just kidding- I couldn't think up a clever title and after I put that in, the rest seemed to fall into place.



What you see above is the never-before-pictured niece of Sophanne and her fabulous contribution to the Thanksgiving Feast.

It's a frosted cooked with orange wedges for feathers, a hershey kiss for the turkey head and a red m&m for the "snood." I learned that was what the red thing on the end of a turkey's nose is called.

Sister of Sophanne prepared a fabulous meal and my additions tasted like they were supposed to (which is all a girl can ask for).

In some knitting news-

During some free time yesterday, I considered the possibility of culling my knitting book stash. When I approached myself with the idea, I found that my attachment to the potentiality of projects prohibits me from doing this just yet.

New Resolution.

(why yes, in fact, this is another one of those blog resolutions that will fade away into the archives of this blog)

My newest knitting goal will be to knit at least one item from every knitting book (AND MAGAZINE) that I own. There will be no yardage rules- just as long as I knit something from it, I can justify keeping it for now. It also makes the question of what to knit next a little less overwhelming.

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family. What a great idea re: your knitting books!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the knitting books -- I can't wait to see what you knit first :)

roxie said...

Love the awesome Thanksgiving cookie! The kid is VERY clever!

Good plan with the books. How are you going to keep track? Sort them onto two shelves - used and to-use? Write it down on a piece of paper? Grab a book at random and pick a pattern, then slap a sticky note bookmark in it to remind yourself? Nosey people want to know. Maybe it'll work for me.