Sunday, November 14, 2010

a lull..

I haven't had any deep meaningful adventures or thoughts of late but I do like this blog so here's some more random.

Sad News. My favorite music store (the one with The Claw) officially closed after 28 years of business. It was a surprise to me. Like a sudden death. I am in denial. I feel as though if I don't go to the town with the store, then it won't really be closed and I can live happily ever after. (No wonder denial is so easy when it comes to knitting.)

Good News. Mr. Sophanne and I have figured out Skype. I was chatting on the regular phone with his daughter about how she should get him to figure out when he's there for a visit and realized that he didn't have to be 2000 miles away to set it up. I went into the bedroom and he stayed in the living room and we practiced skyping. Easy Peasy.

Hopeful News. I cast on once again for Icarus- it's in some peacock-feather colored lace- written directions, I love you. Having finished a shawl or two, lace knitting no longer seems like a black hole to me.

Not So Hopeful News. I've lost my pattern for the Giant Queen's Anne Lace that I haven't finished. Finding a copy of the pattern is easy- it's right here on the laptop. Figuring out where I was in the pattern. Not something I'm going to even pretend to try to do- life will have to become pretty desperate for me to go there.

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Dang! That really bites about losing your place on the lace pattern. Have to say, written directions drive me crazy if it's a complicated pattern. I need the charts. The music store closing is pretty sad too.

I should check out Skype, One of these days...

roxie said...

Written out lace patterns. You ARE fearless! That Icarus is going to be stunning with peacock-colored wings!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That sucks, girl. I'm sorry about the pattern loss, but am glad you stopped by and that Icarus is behaving and that you have Skype figured out.