Friday, November 26, 2010

Project Number the One

This is Sunflower Tam by Nora Gaughan knit in Stitchjones Hemlock. The color is more accurate in the top picture- pattern is visible in the bottom.




I only started this 4 times and tinked back 6 more. It's not a difficult pattern. I have a short attention span and do not always heed the difference between a k2tog and right twist.

I bought this book because it is a beautiful book and it was 70% off at a going out of business sale. I didn't really see any other patterns that pulled me in but tastes change so for now this book is a keeper.

I had not really considered how I was going to keep track of which books I've used etc. *light bulb flicks on while typing* I'll label all related blog posts "knit from the library." Since I (foolishly) never use labels, they should be easy to keep track of. Shoot- now that I'm thinking about it, I might even tag them in Ravelry- if I ever get them posted there.

7 comments:

stephanie said...

I haven't knit anything from this book either, I agree that it is pretty!

JelliDonut said...

That is a very cute tam! I am obsessed with hats lately. Hoping I won't be tempted... Ha! Who am I kidding?

Anonymous said...

That hat caught my eye when I first looked at the book, too. And isn't the pattern for the Target Mitten in there, too? Hmmm, I'm about to cast for a child's hat and pair of mittens...

Linda Sue said...

What a cool hat! Green, much? I don't know how to knit and I admire it very much! My next lifetime i will be a knitter...or a cat...could I be both, I wonder...

roxie said...

Charming tam and nicely knit! And I like your blog-post system of keeping track, too. Good idea! Now, if you wind up knitting the same pattern twice or knitting two patterns out of the asme book, does that count as extra stars for the book?

Sharon said...

Knitting Nature - I didn't buy the book, but it has lovely designs, so I'll put it on my wish list. Pretty hat! that's not a gift for someone, it's for you, right? :D

Anonymous said...

I just got the Mostly Mittens book! I'm excited to try. I like your plan of one project from each book. Looking forward to your progress!