Thursday, November 11, 2010

a funny lunch story I forgot to tell

We were talking about pets at lunchtime yesterday. (a common topic.) LisaLunchFriend shared this story.

She knew someone devoted to her cats. Upon finding a cat that had been run over in the road, this person was certain that it was her cat and needed to have a decent burial. She and her husband built a coffin, dug a hole, had a service and buried the cat with much boo-hooing.

The next day the cat in question came back and sat on the front porch. Some stranger's cat got a very respectful burial and memorial service.

THAT MADE ME LAUGH SO LOUD AND HARD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit. It sounds like me!!

Jody said...

i didn't realize that you had a blog! And I always look forward to hearing your comments! NOW I see that I've been missing much more. Your MITTENS! Oh my! Sometime we will talk about that deep hollow that needs 'filling' with paper patterns! What a relief that I am not alone! NO MORE HIDING AT THE PRINTER.