Tuesday, May 25, 2010

pretending is good

If I could pretend that finishing something is as much fun as casting on and figuring it out, I would be amazing.

Here's the lastest of 10 shawls in 2010 (I'm just going to bypass the details of everything else on the needles.)

This is Nancy & Judy (a FREE rav pattern by Heather Zoppetti). My new favorite shawl to knit. I'm using some malabrigo superwash sock yarn that I got from someone's destash and am hoping I won't notice that 5-7 yard discrepancy between the called for yardage and the actual amount of yarn I have.



And while I haven't purchased a big 'ole pile of yarn since the Mabley workshop, I couldn't resist Sharon's alpaca laceweight from stitchjones.com That woman knows the colors in my head.



Speaking of fabulous women, let's talk about Ruth. Not only did she send me a kicka$$ workout cd (it starts with Queen's Fat-Bottomed Girls!), she made sure it got here safely by wrapping it in sock yarn.



I give puppy kisses to all of my friends!

6 comments:

joan said...

Is the color Lettuce?? If so, I have some and you are welcome to it if you run short.
Puppy kisses back!

Cindy said...

I love your shawl. It's gorgeous. I also love your new yarns. So very pretty. I can't give you puppy kisses, so I'll just send a big ole' slobbery Grover kiss;-D

Anonymous said...

LOVE the nancy and judy pattern.

Sharon said...

big hugs! Your beautiful knitting always inspires me to pick up my needles.

Haley said...

can't wait to see what you make with all that gorgeous yarn!

5elementknitr said...

Yay! I'm so happy you like the CD and the yarn!